I feel like it was just yesterday that I was writing about the drama of potty training Tomas (and what drama it was!!!) Now it's Gabriella's turn, and what a different experience. First, for the record, pullups are a giant marketing scam. They are essentially diapers that hold very little and that kids can pull down like underwear. Helps us to clean up fewer messes, but in the midst of potty training it is essentially just confusing!
Anyway, thanks to some friendly suggestions, I started out letting Gabriella run with a skirt and no undies when the weather got nice (that was shortlived by teh way...40s today). Gabriella quickly got it. For a while a few weeks ago, she was scared to let the pee go and would just go to the potty and then back to play, never really going potty. More recently, she had no problems with that. Sometimes it would be on the floor, but more and more frequently it was on the potty.
Yesterday I decided it was time to go full on with underwear, no more pull ups (except at night). Needless to say, it was a day fraught with clothing changes and stinky bums, but by the end of the day, it was already better. Today, she stayed dry all morning!!! The only miss was after she went on the potty one time she hadn't quite finished, so she shortly had an accident. She was so sad. Poor girl!!!
I hope the rest of today will be more, "Go potty get Hershey Kisses?" with lots of success. Way to go Gabi!
Go Gabi,go!!! On your way to the Po. The reward will be sweet Hersey kisses are neat.
ReplyDelete