Thursday was officially the first day Peter had to go back to work, and therefore also the first day that I had to get Tomas off to school by myself. It was hectic, but we managed to get to school only about 2 minutes late. I was pretty proud of myself. Everyone (including myself) was dressed and clean. Kasey was totally content, even sleeping, in his car seat.
After dropping off Tomas, Gabriella, Kasey, and I went to Target to grab a few things we needed (and look for a tree topper...my advice, don't get one at Target). With Gabriella in the front of the cart, and Kasey in the main compartment, there wasn't much room for anything in the cart. A natural way to curb easy overspending that can happen at Target, perhaps? Gabriella was a model child and Kasey just continued to sleep. Wow, I just knew my luck would run out soon! After sharing some girl time at Starbucks (the one in Target, come on, we live in Newburgh, that's as fancy as it gets), it was time to head out.
Upon getting everyone settled in the car, I checked the clock and realized we were going to be pretty early for picking up Tomas if I went straight there. However, going home and getting out of the car for the perhaps fifteen minutes we would be at home seemed like an impossibility, so I made the choice to head to school and wait in the parking lot. Well, this is where the real adventure begins. I managed to get Kasey out of his car seat without actually taking him out of the car and proceeded to feed him in the front seat. I also unbuckled Gabriella so she could have a bit of freedom. Kasey needed to be changed (twice), and ate on the other side. HE seemed pretty content, just as Gabi announced, "Mommy I need to go potty." Thank goodness for small miracles, the portable potty was within arms reach. I laid Kasey down in the passenger seat (I know, not mom of the year material, but I didn't have many choices) and set up the potty. It was, of course, a bit too late already, so I had to change Gabriella's underwear too. Now it was time for me to get out of the car and sign out Tomas. Kasey was content but hardly dressed to brave the cold, and Gabriella was out of her seat and had no shoes on. What now!? Again, small miracles. My neighbor stopped by the car at that moment with a few hand-me-downs for Gabriella. Since she hadn't held Kasey yet, she stepped into the car to snuggle and I hopped out to get both of our kids from the teacher.
Wow, we made it through the morning!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment