Monday, December 19, 2011

Tomas the Thinker

Pete just came into the room after putting Tomas to bed and shared a remarkable story with me.  He was snuggling with our little man when Tomas turned to Pete and said, "Daddy, I want you to be a Marine but I don't want you to go to wars."
"Well buddy, that's what we do!"
"But you haven't while I've been here."
"Actually I have buddy. I left when you were two months old and came back when you were as big as Kasey."
Tomas thought about that for a second and then gave Pete a huge 5 year old bear hug.  Now if that isn't a good reason to stay optimistic through this retirement roller coaster, then I don't know what is!

Picture: Tomas showing off his mysterious mark above his lip...


1 comment:

  1. We talked with Annemarie tonight about what our earliest memories are and am wondering if Tomas will later remember this as one.
    Powerful story and it triggers powerful emotions.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Kees

    ReplyDelete