?...When Mom and Dad had all the answers (don't they still have them)?
I keep wondering; when is it that I become that all-knowing? And then it hits me: I don't, and wait that probably means my Mom and Dad never did, either! These are things, as adults (yep, that's us now!), that we all know logically, but as with many things, having kids really makes them hit home.
As a child, and even now, when I have a dilemma that I just can't seem to work out, a chat with my parents always helps. They seem to know what to say, or are just there to listen. In reality, I don't expect them to have all the answers, I probably never did. Parenthood has this way of making me feel more inept and inexperienced than I ever thought possible. Every time I think we have something figured out, there comes another curve ball! Sleep, potty training, school, expressing themselves, it's all in our hands, and it's such a gigantic responsibility!!
Really, it's all a journey, I learn as I go and hope that any wisdom I gain along the way might help make it a little less of a whirlwind for someone else (who am I kidding...every kid is so different, the best I can probably hope for is that I don't magnify the whirlwind for others!).
Mostly, I hope that regardless of my mistakes along the way (I make a ton every day), when my kids are in their thirties, they can say what I can, "Thanks Mom and Dad, you rock. I am a better, stronger, more loving parent because of you! Thanks for being amazing."
No comments:
Post a Comment