Tuesday, February 1, 2011

SOOO Behind!

This winter is a BEAST! We have not had a full week of school since before the holiday break. Every time we turn around there is another snow storm. Poor Kasey has his face covered almost all the time and has barely seen the sun! For his sake, spring can't come fast enough! At this rate, though, it will be May before the snow melts enough for us to be able to enjoy the playground. As I write this we are in the middle of yet another warning..I think it is ice this time. This winter it is just part of the deal. We'll manage...just no power outage please!! Chicago, on the other hand, is about to be SLAMMED with snow!! They are saying it might top the blizzard of '67. We'll see.
Kasey is doing so well. He interacts more and more every day. I notice that he clearly wants play time and relaxed time on his own (hard with Gabi and Tomas wanting to climb all over him). The swing is an absolute lifesaver!! Kasey loves the colors and patterns of the fish and finds the motion and sounds so soothing. It is an essential part of enabling me to get things done and manage the other two kids. We have had his 2 month appointment and he is my little baby giant. He was 15 lbs 8.5 oz and 25 in. Yesterday, I put his first 9 month onesie on him and bought size 3 diapers. Really?!?! Why is he in such a hurry? I am ridiculously in love with his smile and his happy nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment