Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sleepy Bliss

I am sad to say that, most nights, Kasey does not sleep through the night. I am usually up once or twice to nurse him and put him back to sleep. Granted, I am lucky that he does not require more from me during those times. Nonetheless, it does involve going to his room, getting him out of bed, nursing him, laying him back down, and then heading back to bed myself.
Some mornings and days, I am just completely exhausted by the cumulative effect of these nightly wakings and taking care of my other two munchkins. Then, on a night like tonight, when I go to check on Kasey before I head to bed, and he slept through the night last night, and he is sleeping so peacefully I can even turn on the light to take a picture, that I am overwhelmed by how blessed I am with such a beautiful, healthy little boy. Sleep will come...in about 20 years.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

1 comment:

  1. No, in 20 years you will be awake because he is out with his buddies and doesn't come home until 8 in the morning.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete