Summer is here!!!! After a very mediocre and rainy spring we have been so so ready to get outside. This past week it finally became nice weather. Then yesterday the pool opened. I ran around the corner to WalMart (my favorite place...note the dripping sarcasm) to get swimming diapers for Kasey and they had matching American Flag shirts that say Summer 2011. I got one for all of us (or so I thought). There was one hanging in the men's section, so I was excited. I got home to have Pete tell me its a women's shirt. Oops...I didn't look at the sleeves. Didn't even think about that!! (Besides, it was the only one hanging in the men's section...I was just excited we'd all be able to match.). Now it looks like everyone except Pete will match.
We did end up at the pool yesterday. Everyone had a BLAST! The kids have water blasters and went to town shooting one another...Kasey slept through the first half of swimming fun. Then, when he woke up he was not sure about the chilly water...once he adjusted he was thrilled! Mostly he just lounged in his floaty, but he had fun splashing too! We will definitely miss this pool when we leave in a month. We brought lunch, had a blast, and Pete even got a job lead...who would've thought it would be such a wonderful day?
On a side note, Pete's retirement date of January 1 has officially been approved. This means I will move to the Chicago area with the kids this summer and Pete will join us for his terminal leave around October. It has been a stressful month coming to this decision and waiting for approval but now its great to have a sense of control and start to move forward.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
No comments:
Post a Comment