Monday, February 20, 2012

Electronic Time Capsules

Dearest Family and Friends,
 Liefste Familie en Vrienden
Tonight (as I should very much be sleeping), I decided to create something new.  I created email accounts for each of our amazing little munchkins.  Why, you ask, would a 5, 3, and 1 year old need to check or write emails.  You're right, they don't!  However, with a little age manipulation (Google thinks they are all exactly the same age as me), I created these accounts. Ik weet dat ik echt zou moeten slapen, maar toch zit ik hier te bloggen...te gek?!  Ik wou iets nieuws proberen.  Ik heb email adressen opgezet for mijn kinderen.  Waarom hebben kleintjes van 5, 3, en 1 een email adres nodig?  Dat hebben zij inderdaad niet nodig, maar toch...

The idea is this:  If I (or you...this is really the idea here) are thinking about any one of them, have something to say, a picture to share, whatever, send an email to Tomas, or Gabriella, or Kasey.  The idea is that these emails will hang out there for a long time, like a wonderful electronic time capsule.  (I got this idea from some commercial, by the way, it is not entirely my own).  Dit is het idee: Als jij aan ons of een van ons denkt, als jij een foto wilt deelen of een herrinering/verhaal, stuur alstublieft een email aan Tomas, Gabriella, of Kasey (of alle drie).  Ik hoop dat die emails lekker lang ongeleesd blijven "liggen," en dat in een aantal jaren, zij door de kinderen worden geleest. (Ik heb dit idee van een reklame op tv, en het is daaruit tot deze blog gegroeit)

I could go on an on about what I hope this will become, but I think in doing so, I might limit its possibilities, so instead, I will simply ask you to start sending emails to the following addresses:  Ik hoop dat jij naar de volgende adressen wat stuurt:

tomas.a.pedraza@gmail.com

gabriella.a.pedraza@gmail.com

kasey.r.pedraza@gmail.com

I will be checking the inboxes periodically to organize the emails.  I do not intend to read the emails...they are not for me.  However, I want to maintain some order in the chaos, so I will probably create yearly folders (or people/topic folders...that will become clearer as this progresses).  Also, I realize that this is a lot to ask for those less creative souls, so I will also periodically send out "prompts" for possible emails to my loves.  Zo nu en dan ga ik kijken wat er in deze "inboxen" ligt, zodat ik het allemaal een beetje georganizeerd kan houden.  Ik ben niet van plan de emails te lezen, dat laat ik over een aantal jaar aan de kinderen over.  Ik weet dat dit wat veel is...zo nu en dan ben ik ook van plan "prompts/ideetjes" te bloggen en emailen met ideetjes voor wat voor emails jij mischien kan sturen.

So, that said, if you would like, please send an introductory email to the aforementioned addresses.  Introduce yourself (you are writing to teenage/adult individuals here...I have yet to determine when I will give the kids access to these time capsules...suggestions are super welcome).  Stuur alsjeblieft een introductie email naar de email adressen die ik hier boven heb aangegeven.  Het idee is dat je deze gedachtes aan een tiener of volwassen iemand schrijft (ik weet nog niet zeker waneer ik de kinderen dezen adressen zal "geven"...suggesties zijn welkom).

No comments:

Post a Comment