Yesterday during rest time, Tomas did not take a nap, but instead drew and read in his room until his alarm went off. When he came downstairs, he calmly informed me that he is going to change his name because his name is not cool anymore. HUH?!?! He said he is going to be Thomas now. Hmmmmm....there is a boy named Thomas in his class, but what's up here?
When I went up to Tomas' room to turn off his alarm, I saw that he had actually used his alphabet cards to spell Thomas on his bedroom floor. Well, that's official...something's up, but I was not able to get it out of him yesterday. Last night Pete suggested that someone at school said something (Duh, why didn't I ask Tomas that?).
Needless to say, the truth came out this morning. We asked Tomas about his name this morning, and apparently the status had not changed. So I asked whether someone said something to him at school. Tomas said that "those girls" (imagine the eye roll and exaggerated hand motions of annoyance) called his name pretty, so it wasn't cool anymore, so that's why he changed his name. He was so upset about it that he didn't even want to be in the room with us. After a bit more talking about the fact that those girls were trying to be nice (he was not convinced), he came to snuggle and we kept talking. He's still not thrilled about what "those girls" said, but at least he's Tomas again.
No comments:
Post a Comment