Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Cooking Fun



For a long time, Tomas has not wanted to cook with me anymore. A while ago, when Bada and Oma were visiting, Tomas was helping make pancakes and he burned his finger. This has been very tough on Tomas. He is scared of doing that again and has therefore backed away from cooking. So today, I decided to try to get him interested in making pizza. I told him he could help me mix the dough and knead it, like he does wth play-doh, and he was ready to be a big helper. He got to wear Mommy's apron and weild his own spoon. The real selling point was that he could use Mommy's measuring cups.

We had a good time kneading the dough, although Tomas was most in love with flouring the counter top. This was very unlike him, as he is often averse to any mess! The flour was lots of fun to sprinkle and spread around. Finally, we started talking about toppings and Tomas was interested only in cheese, so I told him he had to pick a veggie. What did he pick?...broccoli!! Broccoli, cheese, sauce, and pepperoni became the toppings. Even Gabriella enthusiastically ate the broccoli. The only note for next time: leave the salt out of the dough recipe. The dough was, I would venture to say, disgustingly salty.