Monday, March 1, 2010

After the storm...getting back to it.

Today is just one of those days in the Pedraza house. First, I was wide awake at 7 (plenty of time to shower and get the kids up and fed before school), but my smartness decided to doze: just for a little bit. At 8: 10 I woke up. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH (We have to be out the door by 8:45). Both kids were still asleep, and boy was I ever little miss groggy face. A quick dunk in the shower and then I quickly dressed Gabi, who thankfully decided to cooperate today. Then we went into Tomas' room together. He was soaking wet. He hasn't had an accident at night since August. This had come out of nowhere. A quick bath, getting dressed, and we ate leftover pancakes in the car on the way to school. What a way to start the day. I hate being rushed!

On the way to school, we discussed what we saw outside, and boy was there a lot to see! Tree limbs werre downed all over the place from all of the wind and snow, and the piles of snow were enormous. Just by Tomas' school, whole trees had even fallen! We were, inevitably, late for school. Tomas sat down and started work on the letter "O." As I went to leave, Gabriella very plainly told me, "Don't want to." (Mind you, I understand what she says quite clearly, but as Selene attested to last weekend, I am often alone in understanding her).


Quick side note, right now Tomas and Allie are playing together. Tomas just informed me that he is Bo, Allie is Carla, and they are playing with Max, who has "twitty" legs (Allie said pretty, but it sounded like "twitty" so Tomas has added this to his vocabulary). They just ran into the playroom to hide from Max. I haven't a clue where Tomas got those names, but he is committed to them. Even as he was running, he called Allie Carla.


Back to my day: Gabriella is quite an independent little lady but does not quite understand the dangers of parking lots. This is leading to some fun and frustrating times. She insists on walking, but it always takes some time to get her to hold my hand. Her favorite phrase lately is, "Leave me alone!" (This sounds something like "LEELONE!"

All in all, it was a quick morning. It is already 2:30, and as I look around, I feel like I haven't gotten anything done. Laundry is multiplying exponentially. Everything that was folded is now in "neat" little Gabriella mounds, and somehow I have to hope the kids sleep so I can call USAA at some point.